Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bumpy Beaks

The girls' beaks have begun to change a little bit. They seem to have new growths on them. Any attempts at googling "chicken beak development" have proved to be unsuccessful. I don't know what these new lumps and bumps are called, or how I can expect their beaks to change further in the coming weeks. I hope these new changes are normal and don't mean they are genetic mutants, or boys instead of girls.

I suppose I will just have to let nature take its course and wait and watch to see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. And you call yourself a biologist :) Andrew and the City of Salem, won't let me have chickens...but we have about 10,000 friends joining us next week! You got it...bees. Can't wait. They have a beautiful green hive with a copper peaked roof waiting for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know...didn't take any coursework in avian biology though! I think I prefer learning about them this way...the explorer's approach beats textbook learning any day. It's been fun to watch them grow and change.

    Bees sound exciting. You are a brave woman! Can't wait to read more about your adventures with the hive!

    Hope you and your growing family (human and Hymenoptera) are all well!

    ReplyDelete